Music Therapy in Brisbane, Gold Coast & Chermside
Music Therapy is a research-based and established allied health profession that is delivered by a Registered Music Therapist (RMT). Learn and Grow RMTs help children to reach their goals through therapy that is fun, motivating and genuinely in line with their interests as an individual.
Music can be a powerful tool in supporting and motivating young people to move their bodies, sustain attention, self regulate, communicate, interact and learn. You or your child do not need to be musical to take part in or benefit from music therapy – anyone can engage in Music Therapy! Learn and Grow RMTs provide musical experiences and draw on a range of music making methods that are tailored to each unique child and their goals.
Research has shown that music therapy can improve speech, communication, cognitive function and social skills, including:
- Improve verbal and non-verbal communication
- Improve physical speech function
- Increase social communication skills and social interaction
- Improve parent interactions and communication supports in the home
- Improve respiratory muscle strength and control
- Increase core executive functions: self-awareness, inhibition, non-verbal and verbal working memory, emotional self-regulation, self-motivation, planning and problem solving
- Increase memory and attention
To read more about Music Therapy, please visit the Austmta website.