If your child is planning to start prep and would benefit from some support to strengthen their oral language, comprehension, social skills, or confidence in a group learning environment, then our prep readiness group can help them develop skills ready for a smooth and positive transition to school.
Children are grouped according to their strengths and areas of need. Groups are small in size and are facilitated by an experienced Speech Pathologist.
The key goals that are targeted in our group programs include:
- Developing listening and learning skills in a group environment
- Understanding and following directions
- Developing vocabulary and concepts for prep curriculum
- Answering questions and problem-solving
- Fine motor and gross motor activities
- Early literacy skills